One of my favorite go-to weekend breakfasts is pancakes with eggs. These 3-ingredient pancakes are my favorite because I always have the ingredients on hand, they are SO quick and easy to make, and they consist of simple, REAL ingredients that not only taste good, but make me FEEL good. They are light, naturally sweet, and satisfying. I usually eat 1-2 pancakes (they’re pretty small) with either nut butter and Greek yogurt on top or some scrambled eggs on the side. Note: it’s always smart to add in a little protein and healthy fat with your carbs to help you feel full and satisfied. It’s also more favorable for your blood sugar. Speaking of sugar, these babies are added sugar free (all of the sweetness comes from banana)! They are also dairy free and gluten free if that’s your thing!
Feel free to play around with different flours, and add in blueberries or chocolate chips (or both!) I use buckwheat flour because I like the nutty taste and texture that it gives. Buckwheat is a good source of soluble fiber (great for digestion, heart health, and blood sugar control), antioxidants, and plant protein. It’s also a great option for those with Celiac disease. I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
3 Ingredient Buckwheat Banana Pancakes
Makes: 4 small pancakes
-1 Large Ripe Banana
-2 TBSP Buckwheat Four
-1 Large Egg, beaten
1. Mash banana with a fork until smooth
2. Add flour and egg, mix to combine into a batter
3. Heat a greased non-stick skillet or griddle over medium high heat (I spray my skillet with coconut oil cooking spray…I like the coconut flavor it adds to the pancakes. Pam works fine too!)
4. Once pan is hot, pour batter onto pan or griddle to make 4 small pancakes
5. Let cook until little air bubbles start to come to surface in your pancake batter, about 3-4 min per side
6. Serve warm