This recipe’s ingredient list is short, simple, and free of added sugar. It also contains healthy fats, fiber, some protein, and just the right amount of carbohydrate to fuel your morning. It also happens to be gluten-free for all of my gluten-sensitive people!
I recommend topping it with a little plain greek yogurt or nut butter (or both!) and sprinkling on some berries for a delicious and balanced breakfast. It also makes a great snack or dessert! Since it is loaded with healthy fat and low in sugar, you will find it will fill you up and leave you satisfied, rather than craving more sugar.
Banana Bread with Dark Chocolate Chunks
2 C Almond Flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill – order here)
1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3 ripe bananas
3 large eggs
1/4 c coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C dark chocolate chunks
1. Preheat oven to 375 and grease a baking pan
2. In a stand mixer, or in a bowl that can be used with a handheld mixer, place bananas and mix until mostly smooth (a few chunks are OK)
3. Add rest of wet ingredients and mix until incorporated
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Make sure there are no chunks – taking a bite of bread with a clump of baking soda in it is not pleasant!
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, and mix with a wooden spoon until just incorporated. Fold in chocolate chips
6. Spoon batter into baking pan and place in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned and a toothpick comes clean
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.