I hate having to throw away vegetables that I don’t get a chance to cook, so when I had a leftover sweet potato and zucchini I decided to try making some sweet potato/zucchini pancakes. I have always wanted to make some sort of veggie pancake/fritter but haven’t gotten around to it until a couple days ago. They were seriously so easy to make and SO good. They taste kinda like healthy hash browns if you’re into that (I am very into that). The only flour I had on hand was almond flour, but I’m sure they would be delicious with coconut flour as well. I can’t wait to make them again and play around with some different spices-I feel like curry powder would be a great addition. I’m a huge fan of a sweet potato/avocado combo, so I decided to make a little mashed avocado to go on top as well. Definitely eat these right out of the frying pan-they are amazing when they are hot and crispy!
*Nutrition note: sweet potatoes are packed with vitamin A. They also contain vitamin C, manganese, B vitamins, and potassium. They are great for vision health, immune health, and they have anti-inflammatory properties. Avocados are rich in healthy fats that are good for you heart and your brain!
To drain the vegetables (since they hold a ton of moisture and you don’t want your fritters to be soggy) you can
- Place shredded zucchini and sweet potato in a colander (try to arrange in a single layer with little overlap) over a plate
- Sprinkle with a little salt
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- Rinse excess salt off of zucchini with cold water
- Squeeze water out with your hands, pat dry with a paper towel
Sweet Potato Zucchini Fritters
1 small zucchini, peeled, grated, and drained
1 small sweet potato, peeled, grated, and drained
1 extra large egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup almond flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill)
1/2 tsp onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat
- Combine sweet potato and zucchini in a medium bowl
- Add egg mix to combine
- Add onion powder, salt, pepper, and flour and mix with your hands to combine
- Place heaping tablespoons, flattened out to about 1/4 inch thickness (i did this with my hands), of the mixture into the skillet and cook until brown, about 3-4 minutes per side
- Place onto a paper towel to cool
- Top with mashed avocado and enjoy!
1 ripe avocado
1. Mash the avocado with a fork until creamy
2. Add onion powder and sea salt to taste
baclofen tab 20mg
clomid buy online
My spouse and I stumbled over here by a different web address and thought I
might check things out. I like what I see so i am just following you.
Look forward to exploring your web page repeatedly.